Special transport / oversized cargo transport
The phrase oversized cargo transportation explains itself: it means shipment of a cargo the weight of which is larger than standard and with offset centre of gravity, or its sizes exceed the standard ones. These are parameters that make shipping process more difficult, and only qualified and experiences specialists with exclusive training are capable to solve this problem. These qualified specialists develop a custom shipping plan for each case and carry out a number of other preparatory steps.
An oversized cargo includes:
- Industrial special-purpose machinery and equipment (drilling machines, cranes, excavating machinery, bulldozers etc.);
- Structures and parts (beams, large steel and reinforced concrete structures, reservoirs etc.);
- Agricultural equipment (harvesters, threshers, tractors);
- Construction and road machinery;
- Boats, yachts, etc.
During the preparation stage for transportation, specialists select a vehicle which suites the cargo weight and size the best, work out the best route, and develop a fastening system to stabilise the cargo for the manoeuvres during the shipment.
What are advantages of cooperation with BALTIC FLEET MANAGEMENT UAB:
Baltic Fleet Management UAB will carry out any shipment of an oversized cargo on a top professional and technological level, and will organise their transitional shipments and storage.
For this purpose the following steps are taken:
- Analysing the cargo to be shipped and legislative requirements for its shipment;
- Selecting suitable rolling stock;
- Working out a route plan;
- Loading/unloading operations;
- Developing a diagram of cargo mounting on the transfer platform;
- All necessary paperwork (permits, customs documents, etc.);
- Arranging escort (pilot cars, security, dispatch, Road Patrol Service);
- Engineer supervision and continuous monitoring on route.